- I went back to DOS and realized it wouldn’t be too hard to remove the left-behind Dwarves from Laketown completely, so Smaug’s attack on Laketown is now dwarf and Tauriel-free.
- Alfrid has been completely removed from the film aside from the opening scene, and the shores of Laketown.
- Since the four dwarves from Laketown were never actually there, I removed their reunion scene with the company.
- Some of Thorin’s “dragon sickness” scenes have been cut or trimmed. There were too many of these scenes in the original version and they dragged the film too much.
- Legolas appears briefly during the battle to warn Gandalf of Bolg's approaching orc army. We do not see him again.
- Tauriel is gone completely!
- The giant were-worms are gone. Azog’s army simply marches out of the mountainside.
- The actual Battle of Five Armies has been drastically cut. I boiled it down to its most essential element- Dain’s army is quickly overrun and Thorin must decide whether to help or not. Everything else that happens is not crucial to the plot. Therefore, most of the fighting in Dale has been cut along with some of the more ridiculous bits of the battle. Everything has been streamlined and is much easier to follow now. It also puts more focus on Dain, which is nice.
- I have reintroduced the Misty Mountains theme from An Unexpected Journey into the scene where Thorin and company rally the dwarves.
- Ravenhill has been trimmed considerably as well. I spliced Kili's death with Fili's so it appears they die at the same time while Thorin watches. Azog stabs Fili and it's implied that Bolg is nearby and stabs Kili. Unfortunately there is no onscreen death for Bolg since PJ gave him and Legolas the most unrealistic and ridiculous fight scene ever. So let’s just assume Beorn ate him or something.
- Thorin’s fight with Azog is trimmed a bit but is mostly the same.
- Radagast has been digitally removed from the eagles' attack on the orcs.
- I inserted "Dreaming of Bag End," a mostly unused music piece by Howard Shore, into the scene where Bilbo and Gandalf part ways.
- The End!